Saturday, July 17, 2010

Exiled and Renewed


I've wanted to post this for awhile because it was a big turning point in my life, not the most enjoyable thing to go through but turned for the better. I wrote this around October 26th 2009.

A few of the lies used to justify the actions taken against me at Riley's have come to my attention and I can see the demoralization still goes on from people that claim to be so upright and beyond reproach. It breaks my heart to hear these accusations from the people I have given my all to for so many years, how they can convince themselves of the lies or listen to others that are spiteful and full of venom and who have their own agenda is beyond me, I am truly crushed to the core. May I also say, the job description posted on facebook doesn't even come close to what the position entails, how about holding a management position while being under staffed, under-appreciated, under paid, under working conditions in a kitchen that is cramped for space and barely able to serve it's volume of customers efficiently, also including back breaking work where there are no breaks because of under staffing due to the employers need to cut back on payroll, plus vermin in the restaurant and kitchen to deal with daily, all while being in a judgmental crazy environment with a boss who never has a kind word of encouragement for any of the staff who are working themselves into the ground for him. I know there are many who know this, but like myself keep tight lipped for fear of losing their jobs.

I reflect on several years ago when my piano teacher told me to move on from Riley's, telling me they would just use me up and spit me out, that they didn't care about me or anyone, at the time that offended me so I defended them not thinking such things. I would have never dreamed that Riley's could be such a incredulous place, but it is and as a little girl I longed to work there and be a part of the wonderful place I visited as a child, my dream came true, boy little did I know what you see isn't what you get and now after 81/2 years if employment on the farm, I can say so.

When I was fired I was devastated, sure I tried to laugh it off but inside I was torn apart. I fell into a deep depression, thank God for my Mom who gave me a kick in the ass. So I filed for unemployment which I didn't want to do because I felt it was beneath me. I only put in two applications and got no response and felt even more discouraged. Again thanks to my Mom and our firewood guy who has known us for years, got to talking about my predicament and about me wanting to apply at Martha Green Dough'lectibles, but not having the courage to do so. Well it just so happened that he is a friend of the Green family and said he would be happy to put in a good word for me. Took me a couple days to call but I did and now it's history.

I have a wonderful job, do what I love, great management and a boss who recognizes her hard workers. I have only been there 7 months and I am quickly moving up the ladder and will even be house sitting for Martha next month. Yes, this whole episode of my life has been for the better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chelsea, people tell on themselves eventually. I'm so proud I have such an awesome Aunt, who has integrity, wisdom and strength beyond her years. I really do look up to you, you are such a great role model! But it would have been cool to be an extra in that epic beer commercial. Love you bunches! xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Good for you for speaking up, Chels. And I'm glad that God's used this whole thing for the better, seeing you so much happier is a joy to all of us who love you <3

Bahahah Sarah you would say something like that.