Saturday, April 2, 2011

Cilantro Dressing = Love

A while back one of the lovely ladies I work with told me her Mom's recipe for cilantro dressing. I've wanted to make it for the longest time but never really had the impulse to make it......until I saw Trader Joe's cilantro dressing and had to try it (of course it was delicious and got my wheels turning to create an amazing salad) I figured the homemade version would be healthier and taste better too. So with that I got out the Vita-Mix and went to town and this is what I came out with.



I'm not going to deny it, I've had this salad three times this week and don't feel bad admitting it at all! I don't have exact measurements for the dressing but it's better that way in my opinion because you can add as much or little of certain flavors that you love.

Laura's Mom's Cilantro Dressing

  • 1 Avocado
  • 1 bunch fresh cilantro
  • Juice of 2 limes
  • 1 clove garlic
  • Plain yogurt 
  • A splash of olive oil
  • Salt & Pepper to taste 
Blend together and enjoy! Shred romaine lettuce, dice tomatoes and onions, add black beans, grated cheese, homemade tortilla strips and chicken for the best salad ever with this dressing.

No comments: