Friday, February 10, 2012

Call Me Green....

I've been feeling a little green lately and I must say I feel great. Amazing how adding some spinach to everything gives you such a boost!


1. Farmer market veggies chopped up for my green egg scramble
2. Super yummy breakfast
3. Enjoying my green smoothie after a long day of work
4. Ginger Tofu noodles, soooo good!

Adding greens to my smoothies always turned my stomach but I decided to really give it a try and it's not that bad. I have not ventured into any other greens like chard, arugula or kale mainly because those never taste good to me in anything but who knows what next week will hold for my green loving taste buds. 

For my Green Smoothie I use:
2 Frozen Bananas 
About 2 cups of frozen Mango and Pineapple (fresh or frozen mango always makes the smoothie extra creamy and smooth)
2 heaping handfuls of Spinach
a pinch of Stevia 
A few dates and teaspoon of Maca powder(for an extra energy boost, it truly does work for me)
And a little water and a splash of almond milk to blend the ingredients.

You know you want to try it, so go make one!
xoxo

No comments: