Friday, August 19, 2011

it all started with a plane ride...

 August 4th was one of the best days ever, mainly because Asher asked me to spend the rest of my life with him and gave me a beautiful 1920's vintage engagement ring.


Other highlights of our wonderful day


  • Asher flew me to a surprise location
  • Rode up the Palm Springs tram which I have been dying to do
  • Asher lead me on a beautiful hike to a breathtaking veiw
  • After the proposal took place {with a hired photographer and all} Asher arranged for some of our most loved ones to meet with us at the restaurant that is at the top of the mountain for dinner
Asher really put so much thought into our day, he is such an amazing man and I can't wait to start our married life together.
 
"there is no greater risk than matrimony.
but there is nothing happier than a happy marriage."
--Benjamin Disraeli,
1870 in a letter to Queen Victoria's daughter Louise,
congratulating her on her engagement.
via the book Committed by Elizabeth Gilbert

1 comment:

Luana said...

What a perfect way to start your engagement, can't wait to see your ring!

If you are ever down in OC, you'll have to visit Lulumon, at SCP.

Fun times!
Love! Luana